daisydebruin

Tigana
Guy Gavriel Kay
For Darkness Shows the Stars
Diana Peterfreund
Bumped - Megan McCafferty It was probably also due to my not reading the summary before reading the book, but I was a bit confused at first. And there's so much slang, it was a bit hard for me to get into.

But once I did, it blew me away! I really, really enjoyed this book! I didn't connect to Melody and Harmony from the start, but slowly I got there. For Melody at least. Harmony not so much. If I'd come across someone like Harmony, I'd think they escaped from the nearest mental hospital. And I don't mean it in a positive way (if you can even take that in a positive way).

But I loved Melody. Of course, she's brainwashed as well, but she seemed more realistic. The story switches POV each chapter between Melody and Harmony and while reading Harmony's, I was looking forward to getting back to Melody. I thought she was so much more interesting. I could see myself being friends with her.

And Zen, how I love Zen! Even if he's not 'reproaesthetical' (see, told you there was a lot of slang). I love him and I hope we'll see even more of him in the next book!

It's scary to think that with all the crazy stuff happening in the medical world these days, it could easily be real as far as people only being able to get pregnant until they're 17 or 18 years old. What's also scary is what's happening right now. In Holland where I live, a couple of weeks ago it was all over the news that a 12-year-old girl gave birth to a baby while she was on school trip. A child having a child. It's horrifying.

But, back to the book. I am SOOO looking forward to the next one! I really enjoyed this one and if you enjoy dystopia as a genre, I'd totally recommend it!

My rating: 4 stars