daisydebruin

Tigana
Guy Gavriel Kay
For Darkness Shows the Stars
Diana Peterfreund
Royal Weddings - Stephanie Laurens,  Gaelen Foley,  Loretta Chase I love the idea of a royal wedding. I think in reality, it can be a real pain in the behind with the whole huge ceremony and everyone watching you the whole time. Seems to me like it could take a huge part of the romance out of it.
Nonetheless, I wish Prince William and Catherine Middleton to have the best day of their lives and many happy years together!

Let me say one thing: short stories are somehow not for me. Short books are sort of not for me. I like to really immerse myself in the characters and get lost in the story and the romance and the OH MY GOSH THIS IS SO GOOD (in the best case scenario at least) of it all. And that's hard if there's not a lot of story.

Short stories are just... well... a bit too short for me.

Anyway, that said, I did enjoy this anthology. The stories were cute and it made me go a little bit more into the history of England. I never knew princess Charlotte married for love only to die in childbirth only a few years later. I didn't know a whole lot about princess Charlotte in general and I'm glad to have sort of met her.

I liked the last story, the one Loretta Chase wrote, the best. It was really sweet and I just wanted there to be MORE of it! I have one of her books on my to-read list and I'm looking forward to reading it, I hope it'll live up to my high hopes based on this short story.

My rating: 3 stars