daisydebruin

Tigana
Guy Gavriel Kay
For Darkness Shows the Stars
Diana Peterfreund
We'll Always Have Summer - Jenny Han ***WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR FIRST 2 BOOKS***

I try to avoid them, but just in case.

Besides, if you haven't read the first two books, you really should. As in: go read them now. Seriously. Right now.

It's been two years since we last left Belly to fend for herself amongst the Fisher boys. And a lot has happened in the past two years.

And apparently, somewhere along the way, Belly lost most of her spine.

It's sad, but true, I liked this book less than the first two. I still really enjoyed it, but something that happened pretty early on in the book bugged me:
SPOILER WARNING
I'd never have taken someone who cheated on me back that easily. Really. And I'd NEVER EVER EVER accept their proposal right after. I mean, WHAT?? That was so weird.

I sort of lost some of the respect I had for Belly after that. And OMG, am I ever glad she finally has at least partly gotten rid of that horrible, horrible name! Her friends at university know her as Isabel of Iz, which is waaaaay better! I liked Belly less in this book though, I understand what the author was doing and that she had to make the big event happen somehow. But I don't really like the way things went down. And I didn't like Jeremiah as much in this one as I did in the previous books. I felt sort of betrayed by him by the thing mentioned in the spoiler above.

I was however glad to read Conrad's point of view. I never really understood Belly's love for Conrad. Sure, he seemed crushworthy, but that was about it for me. I enjoyed the chapters narrated by him the most and Han sure pulls a guy's voice off as well as she does a girl's, which is kinda awesome.

I felt slightly cheated by the ending. It felt a bit sudden and after such a struggle throughout 3 books, I would have liked to be shown a bit more about the happily ever after.

With all the things I've said I liked less in this one than the previous books, I still really enjoyed this book. I love Han's writing and hope she'll start a new series soon! I loved feeling 16 and in love again :) These books are the perfect summer read.

My rating: 3,5 stars