daisydebruin

Tigana
Guy Gavriel Kay
For Darkness Shows the Stars
Diana Peterfreund
The Last Little Blue Envelope - Maureen Johnson ***SPOILERS POSSIBLE FOR BOOK 1***

I enjoyed 13 Little Blue Envelopes, though I did have some issues with it. And the same thing goes for this one.

I mean, how are the grown-ups OK with Ginny going off yet again with people she doesn't know??? I mean, really?? If I said I was gonna travel across Europe with a guy I met one day ago, my mom would have me committed to a mental hospital. Or lock me in my room. And believe me, my parents were not that strict. There's just something seriously wrong with the adults in this series.

Now I've gotten that off my chest, let's get on to the other stuff.

I liked Ginny more than I did in the first book. She seems to know what she wants more and though I thought she should have told her uncle about Oliver and his plans right after meeting him, I thought she did alright with the rest of it.
Though I can not for the life of me think of a good reason why she wouldn't have asked Oliver about his reasons for doing what he did in the first place.

I liked Keith in the first book, but in the second he lost pretty much all of his good qualities for me. He just seemed petty, especially compared to Oliver, who I really liked. There's something about those British guys I guess. I hated how he was treated and thought he dealt with it very elegantly.

Another thing I liked: the last assignment Aunt Peg had for Ginny. I LOVED the last part of it and the growth Ginny goes through is amazing! The scene in the graveyard nearly broke my heart.

Also, props to the author for getting the Dutch conversation she has in it right! If anyone who's read it doesn't understand what's being said, let me know, I'm happy to translate ;)

My rating: 3 stars