daisydebruin

Tigana
Guy Gavriel Kay
For Darkness Shows the Stars
Diana Peterfreund
Lady of Seduction - Laurel McKee I was disappointed with this book. I was expecting wonderful tension and throughout the book I thought he would leave her only to realise he loved her (those kind of scenes always make me cry) and come running back. And none of this happened...

I mean, I love those kinds of historical romances when there's a lot of tension and secret glances and reputation-compromising meetings in darkly lit rooms and such. I LOVE those moments. And then they kiss and try to fight the attraction and there are things preventing them from being together and...
Times like these I realise I'm a hopeless romantic. And I don't even care.

But, none of this happened in this book. Cause what happens after she nearly drowns getting to his island? The next day they fall into his bed together. I mean, seriously. That was a bit fast for me. I know they have history, but get this: it's not really good history. I mean, he kidnapped her and her sister when her sister refused to marry him. That wouldn't make me fall in love with the guy.

There's probably something that I'm missing, as this is a series of romance novels and I haven't read the previous two, but I really didn't get why she was in love with him. I could have understood if it grew during her stay at the island, but right from the start? Didn't work for me.

It was a nice story, just not what I look for when I'm reading a historical romance.

My rating: 2 stars