daisydebruin

Tigana
Guy Gavriel Kay
For Darkness Shows the Stars
Diana Peterfreund
Spellbound - Cara Lynn Shultz I really, really enjoyed this book! I mean, it had it all: a likeable main character, her charming love-interest, intriguing legend, DRAMA and nice supporting characters.

Seriously, I REALLY enjoyed this book.

Ok, now I've gotten that off my chest, let's move onto the actual review. Emma Connor has been having a hard time, in the past two years her twin brother and her mother have passed away and she was left to stay with her alcoholic, violent stepfather. Until after he caused an accident DUI, she went to live with her aunt Christine, who is a prominent upper-east-sider. And finally a normal, caring person for Emma to come home to.

Emma hasn't let the past make her bitter and I liked that about her. Sure, her bullshit radar is sharp and she sniffs out guys that are bad news, but she wants to make new friends and have a somewhat normal life. Except normal isn't what life has planned for her. I really liked Emma. And Cisco, Angelique, Ashley and aunt Christine. And BRENDAN! BRENDAN! BRENDAN! So good you have to say it three times! Brendan is lovely, I'd stare into those green eyes forever given the chance.

The curse was so intriguing! I mean, imagine being cursed to die when you meet the ONE! And being predestined from birth to be with that one person and being so attracted to eachother that avoiding said person is physically impossible. I kind of guessed how the curse could be broken, it's really sweet and slightly cheesy, but it worked.

The whole story just worked and I was so rooting for Emma and Brendan to pull through it all! Oh and the bad guy was evil! EVIL! I wished really bad things onto him! There was an excerpt from another story surrounding Angelique at the end and I would LOVE to read that! I can't find it on Goodreads yet, but I'm keeping an eye out, because Angelique is awesome!

Oh, and this is one of the first paranormal romances I've read that's not part of a series! So if you're into a good story, but don't want to wait for the next book in a series, read this book!

My rating: 4,5 stars