daisydebruin

Tigana
Guy Gavriel Kay
For Darkness Shows the Stars
Diana Peterfreund
The Ghost and the Goth - Stacey Kade So, as I've also heard other people mention this book isn't meant to be deep. It's not. And that's completely fine with me, cause it was such a cute, relaxing read!

The ghost-lore in this book is pretty straight forward: some people linger after their death and Will can hear them and around him, they become solid. As in they can touch him and other things when they're near him. Though Will tries as hard as he can to keep this hidden. Cause, guess what, dying doesn't mean people get easier to handle. They all want something and have unfinished business and the only one able to hear them is Will.

I just loved both main characters. With every chapter you switch between their POV and it works. Alona is so snarky, it was hilarious! But that's not all there is to her, she's also smart and if she tries (really hard) she can be nice. And her life wasn't exactly the walk in the park it seemed like from the outside.
Will is a little rebellious, but underneath he is a good guy. A really good guy. Oh, and the title is sort of wrong: he's not a goth. He even says so himself, but I guess The Ghost and the 'boy-who's-not-actually-goth-but-perceived-as-such' doesn't make for a nice title.

Anyway, this was a quick, fun read and I'm looking forward to finding out what happens next for Alona and Will!

My rating: 4,5 stars