daisydebruin

Tigana
Guy Gavriel Kay
For Darkness Shows the Stars
Diana Peterfreund
I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore I watched the movie based on this book in July and really liked it, so I figured I should read the book as well :)

You know how often the book is better than the movie. Well, in this case: IT TOTALLY IS!!

Some things that bothered me in the movie were much better explained in the book and I really enjoyed seeing more of Henri, I felt he was a bit lacking in character in the movie. In the book he is awesome. AWESOME!
And Bernie Kosar. The dog who may or not be a dog is beyond AWESOME! I have such a thing for fictional animals, it's a bit embarassing.

The only thing is, I wasn't completely sold on the romance. I mean, I know most romances start out with physical attraction and continue because of personality, but well, this didn't really feel real to me and I thought Sarah's character wasn't as well-developed as it could have been.

But the legacies, they were AWESOME! (I've been saying awesome a lot, but it just feels like the right word for this book) I loved that John had visions John of his home planet and we get to see more of what it was like before the Mogadorians invaded.

The last battle was way more epic than in the movie and I really enjoyed it. Major event that had been in the movie a lot sooner finally happened here and it made me sad. I'm so trying not to be spoilery, but it's hard.
I'm really looking forward to reading The Power of Six, the next book in the series, because I'm dying to know what happens next!

My rating: 4 stars