daisydebruin

Tigana
Guy Gavriel Kay
For Darkness Shows the Stars
Diana Peterfreund
Swoon - Nina Malkin This was an odd book. Seriously. It's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of this book: odd.

I never connected with Dice or Pen or Sin and this made it much less interesting to read about all their drama. I didn't really get the relationship between Dice and Pen or Dice and Sin or Pen and Sin (yes, there's some triangling going on here) and I was just confused by the thing as a whole.

While the story premise sounded so interesting and it could have been, I never felt like it reached it's full potential. There were some parts that I thought: oh, so this is where it'll start to get good. And then it turned around and something weird happened to throw me off again. Really annoying.

Most important objection I had: the romance was OFF. I didn't believe it and didn't understand how Dice could be in love with Sin. He was evil and manipulating and just plain nasty. I mean, it sounded so superficial: yeah sure he does evil things, but he's HOT! (This is what it sounded like to me anyway)

Oh, and I'm not one to say this, but: there was way too much sex in this book. There, I said it. And you know I read historical romance, so I'm not against it being there, but this was just not right. It felt more adult than YA.

I'm really not sure if I'll even read the next book in the series, even though it's hard for me not finishing a series. This book just wasn't for me.

My rating: 1,5 stars