daisydebruin

Tigana
Guy Gavriel Kay
For Darkness Shows the Stars
Diana Peterfreund
Starcrossed - Josephine Angelini I'm so loving this new trend of Greek Mythology in YA! Gosh, this totally feeds my addiction and it's not pretty. Seriously, it's not.

Anyway, YAY for another amazing read! Also a shout-out to the publisher, HarperTeen, cause I think I've loved just about every book I've requested from them through NetGalley! It's crazy how many awesome books they've pusblished over the last 6 months alone.

I loved Helen! She's such a real girl and I loved how she had her own insecurities and that she was so loyal to her best friend Claire and that she had a great relationship with her father. She did have an absent mother, but there's actually a pretty good reason for that, so I was good with it.
Lucas was amazing as well, and he can fly! I mean, really, one of my first fictional crushes ever was Peter Pan, so a guy who's able to fly is always good in my book.

I loved that Helen was a regular hormonal teenager and her doubts about Lucas teared me up. Their connection felt so real and believable and gosh, how much do I HATE her mother!!! You will get what I mean if you've read the book. That woman is just pure EVIL. EVIL, I tell you!

I mean, seriously, telling your daughter the boy she loves is her cousin when he's actually not! That's pretty evil to me. Horrible woman. And for getting Pandora killed. Gah, evil. Sorry, had to get that out.

I loved the whole idea about demi-gods replaying the roles of and looking like past mythical characters. I mean, you have a lot of special powers, but you seem doomed to make certain decisions/mistakes to play your part.

I think you can already guess from what I've said above, but I absolutely loved this book and if it wasn't for the whole needing to work/study thing, I would have finished this book in one go. I'm dying to find out what will happen next! I'm loving the title, Dreamless, of the second book already! It just seems so appropriate.

My rating: 5 stars