daisydebruin

Tigana
Guy Gavriel Kay
For Darkness Shows the Stars
Diana Peterfreund
The Kingdom of Gods - N.K. Jemisin Warning: this will probably be more me gushing about this book and series than actual review.

Of course I had to have this book after loving the first two books in the trilogy!! I can't get over the fact that these books are so amazing, yet there is so little buzz about them... But I pre-ordered it, which means that I only had to wait a few days after the release date for it to get here, hooray!

If you haven't read the other books in the series yet: you should. They are AMAZING.

And this one is about Sieh, one of my favourite characters from the previous books. He is a trickster god and just plain awesome. In this book, Sieh goes through some major changes and I so felt for him throughout everything! I don't want to spoil anything, but seriously, he has a rough time in this book. I absolutely loved Deka and Shahar as well, though slightly less. They were all such well-developed characters and I really felt like I got to know them and that they were all real people (and a god) instead of fictional characters. I love it when that happens!

The ending had me on the edge of my seat, and this is a pretty big accomplishment, seeing as I'd read it during the read-a-thon and had probably only gotten about 3 hours of sleep.

The whole world-building in this series is so amazing and wonderful and I loved every minute of it! I don't think I'm doing Jemisin's writing justice with this review, but I just want to push this series at everyone who loves fantasy and tell them to read it right away. I'm kinda sad the trilogy has now come to a conclusion and can't wait to see what else Jemisin will have in store for us! She is definitely on my auto-buy list.

And look at that cover, isn't it PRETTY?

My rating: 5+ stars