daisydebruin

Tigana
Guy Gavriel Kay
For Darkness Shows the Stars
Diana Peterfreund
Too Tempting to Resist - Cara Elliott I really enjoyed the previous book in this series Too Wicked to Wed and was really excited about reading Too Tempting To resist. And while it didn't fully live up to my expectations, I still really enjoyed it!

I really liked Eliza, I liked that she got into very awkward situations because of her curiosity and spirit and I liked her creativity. I remember kinda liking Gryffin in Too Wicked to Wed and I'm glad we got to see more of his character in this one. And you guys, he has a dragon tattoo on his abdomen! And sure, that probably will look hot on him in all his hotness now, but I can't help but imagining how it will be a very sad dragon once he reaches 70... Anyway: Gryffin is definitely swoonworthy and he RESCUES KITTIES! A guy that's good with animals is always a winner in my opinion.

I very much enjoyed the interaction between these two, I guess I just wasn't fully there with the transformation from lust to love just yet. That they shared a mutual passion was definitely a bonus point and I loved a certain scene having to do with paint and a garden. And a naked man. And that's all I'm saying on that subject.

I thought Eliza's brother was a royal douchebag and someone had to teach him to behave. I just thought that the way in which is was handled by Gryffin was slightly overstepping his boundaries. It just felt a bit wrong to me and I was kind of disappointed in Eliza that she just went along with it. If Gryffin had been aided in this by a cousin or some other relative, I would have felt more comfortable with it I think.

While it was a nice read and it had some really excellent moments, the romance was lacking something for me. I am however really looking forward to reading the last Hellhound's story, he sounds infinitely fascinating!

My rating: 3,5 stars