daisydebruin

Tigana
Guy Gavriel Kay
For Darkness Shows the Stars
Diana Peterfreund
The Vampire Voss - Colleen Gleason For some reason, this book just did not do it for me. I don't know what it is exactly, but I really had to push myself to read on and finish the book. I didn't dislike it enough to not finish it, but I didn't really felt the urge to continue it either. Maybe adult paranormal romance is just not for me (I love the YA paranormal romances), the accent for me needs to be more on the paranormal I think.

I've had mixed experiences with books about vampires, Twilight was enjoyable, but the books that came after it were less so and let's just not talk about Breaking Dawn. I did really enjoy Vampire Academy, Rose kicks some serious butt. This one, while not being my thing, had some interesting things to add to common vampire-lore. I really liked that in Gleason's take on it, vampires have something, and it can be anything, that will make them weak. Weak enough to get them killed easily. Even by a mere mortal. I also liked the fact that they have Lucifer's marking on their back and that it hurts when he's displeased with them.

Voss isn't very angsty, which was nice. He's a vampire, he can live forever, what else would he be doing but search for pleasure in any way he sees fit? No remorse whatsoever, until he meets Angelica. This is where things start to change and he goes a bit Angel (you know, from Buffy) on us. I don't even know what to say about Angelica, she was a bit bland to me. The only thing I can say for her is that she seems to be a caring sister. I thought her brother was pretty selfish and I didn't like him very much, he just up and left his sisters with a vampire to look after them. Hardly appropriate.

All in all, this was just not for me, I didn't connect with the characters and that's a big thing for me.
My rating: 2 stars