daisydebruin

Tigana
Guy Gavriel Kay
For Darkness Shows the Stars
Diana Peterfreund
Wicked in Your Arms - Sophie Jordan Oh Sophie Jordan, how I love your historical romances! Even though it was slightly mortifying to receive this from my BROTHER as a Christmas present, I cannot regret putting it on my wishlist, cause it was simply wonderful!

The story just flows seemingly effortlessly and I breezed through the whole novel in no time at all! I was fully immersed in Grier and Sev's story and the thing that's keeping me from giving Wicked In Your Arms the full five stars, is that it didn't make me cry. And I wanted to so badly!

Grier is a character I'd want as my friend. She's a little short of respectable, but she's not about to take crap from anyone because of that. I loved how strong she was and how conflicted she was about Sev.

And I'll be honest with you guys, SEV! Seriously, he's the uber alpha male with his princeness and being a military man and just *SWOON*. I don't think I would have resisted all of the amazing maleness of him either! I loved how he chased after Grier and how the two of them just couldn't help themselves around each other.

That little something extra that would have brought tears to my eyes wasn't there, like I'd come to expect from Sophie Jordan's novels. But nevertheless, I did enjoy myself immensely! The characters were loveable, their chemistry was really good and the romance was absolutely swoonworthy! I'm really looking forward to the next book in the series Lessons from a Scandalous Bride, which focuses on Cleo, Grier's lovely half-sister!

My rating: 4,5 stars