daisydebruin

Tigana
Guy Gavriel Kay
For Darkness Shows the Stars
Diana Peterfreund
The Crown of Embers - Rae Carson **WARNING: THIS WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THE GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS***

You guys, I am afraid this will be more gushing than actual review because I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK! And I have all these feelings! And they will not be repressed!

With Humberto's brutal death Rae Carson made me do the ugly crying, shocked face NOOOO, wishing I could unread that part. I'm still kind of wishing I could unread it. And I thought I, uhm, I mean Elisa, could never love someone again. And I was DEAD WRONG! And the falling in love was glorious and exciting and sexy even when it was just HANDS BRUSHING!

Ahem.

I already loved Elisa in The Girl of Fire of Thorns, but in The Crown of Embers she goes through SO MUCH character growth again! I'm feeling like a proud momma watching her become a woman and come into her own! She's intelligent and funny and at one moment I so respected her because she cared more about possibly losing her wit than getting a new scar.
She is my kind of sarcastic funny and I giggled at this one quote:
"If a kidnapper comes at me, what am I supposed to do? Say, 'Excuse my, my lord, while I pull my enormous quarterstaff out of my bodice?'"

I love her spirit and that she's loyal to the ones she loves and gives away a piece of herself to each of them.

And Hector. Hector is not a boy but an amazing man who completely stole my heart with his fierce protectiveness and just the noble soul that he is! His sense of honour is humbling, even though it sometimes gets in the way of the kissing.

The stakes are high and the quest is epic and there's a whole world of new information to find out about the Godstone and its powers! This series is exactly what I love about fantasy! Rae Carson managed to break my heart again with that ending, but it was so mindblowingly amazing that I think I can forgive her for that. But please don't hurt Hector in The Bitter Kingdom, cause I don't think I could take it...

The wait till Fall 2013 will be excruciating.

My rating: 5+ stars