daisydebruin

Tigana
Guy Gavriel Kay
For Darkness Shows the Stars
Diana Peterfreund
The Rogue Pirate's Bride - Shana Galen You know what I love about writing my reviews literally 5 minutes after finishing the book? That I'm still feeling all the things the book made me feel and may not be as coherent as after a day or two, but it's so much more a reaction to the book! I'm kinda hoping I'll be able to continue this way :)

First off I must say: I have a thing for pirates. It's true. You probably all guessed the Jack Sparrow thing, but there's more. I LOVE pirates like the one in The Rogue Pirate's Bride and other romance novels that like this one have a gentleman pirate and a kidnapping and the inevitable falling in love with said kidnapped 'boy' who turns out to be a beautiful girl. LOVE them. And it's been a while since I read a book that had such an amazing pirate in it as The Rogue Pirate's Bride had!

I just loved both Raeven and Bastien. They are loveable characters, Raeven is everything I want in a heroine! She is fierce and brave and yes, she takes risks that more often than not put her in a difficult position (no pun intended, I know 'mind in the gutter' and all), but she's more than capable of also getting out of her troubles! And Bastien, like I said, he's my kind of pirate and I would have swooned at his feet would he have looked at me the way I imagine he was looking at Raeven.

I also loved their interaction, they actually had things in common and after Raeven got over the whole 'I'm going to kill you' thing, they got along great together. I really liked that Bastien respected the experience Raeven had gained on her father's ship and didn't just put her aside and locked in his cabin, but let her do her share.

And you guys, I CRIED! I did, I had tears in my eyes for most of the final part of the book and it was wonderful and without wanting to give anything away, it had all of the things I love in a romance novel and the heartbreak and EVERYTHING!

So what I'm trying to say: if you like the genre AT ALL and if you have a thing for pirate's like I do: READ THE ROGUE PIRATE'S BRIDE!
Ok, now I'm off to stalk Shana Galen's Goodreads page to discover what else I can read by her!

My rating: 5 stars