daisydebruin

Tigana
Guy Gavriel Kay
For Darkness Shows the Stars
Diana Peterfreund
When You Give a Duke a Diamond - Shana Galen So you might remember how much I loved Rogue Pirate's Bride by Shana Galen. It was everything I want in a romance novel and featured PIRATES! So obviously I was excited when I saw this one pop up so I immediately ordered it. And I'm so glad I did!

When You Give A Duke A Diamond is totally different from Rogue Pirate's Bride, but Shana Galen managed to once again draw me in and give me all the things I love about this genre!

Juliette is a woman who's chosen to divorce her husband and live the life of a courtesan. And she's managed to become one of the most powerful ones in her age! Juliette knows what she wants and that is a man to truly love her who she can share her life with. I loved how strong she was after all she's been through and how she manages to worm her way into Will's life and heart.

It took a little time for me to warm up to Will, cause he has these OCD tendencies and I just wanted to shake him up so he'd snap out of it. But after learning that there actually is a really good reason for this, I just wanted to hug him and make his hard youth go away. Because I was shocked and horrified at what happened to him. I don't know what I would have done if that had happened to me.

I loved the interaction between Juliette and Will and how they're slowly coming to realise they're falling in love and *sigh* it was just SO GOOD! The sexytimes are sexy and the romance was sweet and there was all this tension and HEARTBREAK and I just love it. And I totally cried.

With When You Give A Duke A Diamond Shana Galen has proven she deserves to be on my auto-read list. If you're a fan of the genre and haven't read one of her books yet, you should, they're amazing!

My rating: 5 stars