daisydebruin

Tigana
Guy Gavriel Kay
For Darkness Shows the Stars
Diana Peterfreund
Losing It  - Cora Carmack So there's this whole upheaval in the bookish community about the term new adult and the fiction that falls into this category. And Losing It fits nicely into this category and I must say that I like it! I like reading about 20-something college students.

Losing It is a brain candy read, it's really funny and easy to read and it took me virtually no time at all to get through it. The summary reminded me strongly of the first episode of Grey's Anatomy (you know, with Meredith waking up next to Derek and leaving him there and then running into him in the hospital?) and I LOVE Grey's Anatomy, so I figured this would be my kind of story. And while it wasn't the most original, it was fun and sweet! And I loved that the about the author piece at the end says 'Awkward people need love, too', LOVE IT! And so true :)

Bliss is awkward and nice and just a good girl all around and I liked that while she gives into peer pressure at first and gets into stuff she's not ready for, in the end she follows her heart and decides what's best for her. I respect that. She doesn't really have a clue when it comes to guys, but it was sort of endearing and not roll-my-eyes clueless.
And I pretty much loved Garrett, seriously, how can you not adore a guy with a British accent? He was so sweet and just swoonworthy!

And yeah, of course it's totally horrifying that he turns out to be their new teacher, but they made it work. Towards the end it got a little sappy for me, but I can overlook that. I liked that Bliss had real friends who cared about her and that she felt like a genuine college students, sometimes overdoing it with the alcohol and all.

With all the awkwardness Bliss lands herself into, Losing It was a funny, quick read and I'm looking forward to seeing what Cora Carmack has in store for Cade in Faking It!

My rating: 4 stars